Before you know it, the temperature will start falling, the first snow coats the ground, and the first below freezing night is predicted. Is your furnace ready? Don’t wait until it’s too late to find out.
Follow these simple steps to prepare your furnace for the deep freeze.
- Get a furnace maintenance and safety check. The most important step you can take to keep your home heating and cooling equipment running at peak performance is proper maintenance.
- Replace your furnace filter. Nothing is more critical to the life, efficiency and capacity of your furnace and air conditioner than replacing your filter regularly.
- Clean debris, leaves and dirt from combustion air intake hood.
- Set thermostat from cool to heat.
- Put electrical breaker for air conditioner to off position.
- Leave your air conditioning unit uncovered. Covering your air conditioner can create a nice home for mice or other rodents that can damage your AC unit. This can also trap moisture in your AC causing other problems down the road.
To schedule your fall furnace maintenance and safety check with Burnsville Heating, call us today at (952) 894-0005.